KeepSafe Contraception/STI Teaching Kit
KeepSafe is a contraceptive and STI teaching kit designed for use with adults and young people over the age of 14 years.
The KeepSafe Teaching Kit aims to help people to:
- gain accurate information about safer sex and contraceptive methods
- discuss contraception
- see and handle contraceptives
- consider issues about contraception and safer sex in their relationships
- learn about how STIs are spread
- learn how to avoid STIs and how to treat them.
The kit can be used in both group and individual situations by educators, health and community workers, secondary school teachers and counsellors.
The KeepSafe kit contains:
- activities manual (on disc)
- contraceptive samples: male condoms and condom demonstrator, female condom, oral dam, IUD, water based lubricant, speculum and information of Depo Provera
- A5 flip cards with photographs of pill packets (a mix of Combined and progestogen only pills), information on implants, and emergency contraception
- contraception option cards
- ‘Contraception – Your Choice’ , ‘Sexually Transmissible Infections (STIs)’ and ‘Condoms’ pamphlets. Set of four Youth pamphlets.
- anatomical posters
- STI testing equipment
- STI photo set.
Produced by Family Planning, revised edition 2011.