Ka puāwai, ka hiki ki te haere (Sexuality Education Years 1 to 4)
This resource is designed for use in sexuality education for years 1 to 4.
It contains interactive classroom activities that build on and reinforce learning through the years.
- Creating safe environment
- How to show respect
- Self in relation to others – similarities and difference
- Self in relation to gender
- Identifying own strengths
- Making friends
- Identifying and managing feelings
- Body parts
- Caring for the body
- Identifying who can help.
It is designed to sit within the health strand of ‘The New Zealand Curriculum.
The materials also provide opportunities for families, whanau and the wider community to be involved.
This resource is available as an interactive PDF on disc. No hard copy components are supplied.
Produced by Family Planning in 2013.